Report Fraud/Suspicious Activity

Report a lost or stolen card

To report a lost or stolen Visa check card after banking hours, please call 1-800-554-8969.

If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact us immediately.

Call us at 1-855-293-4272 to report any fraudulent activity on your accounts.

Contact the major credit bureaus

You can request that the three main credit bureaus place a short or long-term "fraud alert" on your credit file. This alert requires creditors to verify your identity before opening any new accounts in your name or changing any existing accounts. You will only need to contact one bureau, which will notify the others.

Credit bureaus must provide victims of identity theft a free copy of their credit report. You should request one from each bureau, as the information can differ. Review your credit reports carefully for fraudulent activity. If fraud has occurred, notify the credit bureau and the companies where accounts were opened to report the fraud directly.

Once a dispute has been resolved, the credit bureaus you contacted will send you another copy of your credit report. Review the report to make sure that all fraudulent activity has stopped and your file has been corrected.

For more information about the steps to take and for credit reports, contact:

Contact other creditors

Contact your other creditors, including credit card and phone companies, banks, and other lenders, to notify them of potential fraud. Consider following up your telephone conversations with a letter.

Close any accounts that have been breached and reopen them with new account numbers and passwords. Do not use your Social Security number as a username or password.

File a report with the local police

Contact your local police department if you suspect that your personal information was stolen. A police report may lend credibility to your case when dealing with creditors, who may require proof of criminal activity.

Plainview 806-296-1182

Hart 806-647-3311

Tulia 806-995-3555

Kerrville 830-257-8181

Fredericksburg 830-997-7585

Lubbock 806-775-2865

Report the criminal activity to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)

Call the FTC hotline at 1-877-ID THEFT (1-877-438-4338) to speak with a trained identity theft counselor. Or submit a complaint to the FTC on their website,

Contact other agencies as appropriate

• Postal Inspection Service: If you believe your mail was stolen or redirected, notify your local post office.

• Social Security Fraud Hotline: 1-800-269-0271. If you suspect someone is using your Social Security number for fraudulent purposes, call the hotline.

• Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV): If you believe someone is trying to get a driver's license or identification card using your name and information, contact your local DMV.

Carefully review all your accounts

Since identity theft takes time to resolve, you should continue to review all charges and transactions appearing on account statements and online. Immediately report any discrepancies.

Centennial Bank's Identity Theft Repair Kit (PDF*) provides worksheets and tips for resolving identity theft.